Unilever takes your privacy seriously. The following principles guide our treatment of your personal information:
- We value the trust you place in Unilever when sharing your personal information with us.
- We strive to be transparent with you about what personal information we collect, what we do with it and with whom we share it.
- We endeavor to work with you to address your concerns about how we use your personal information.
- We strive to take steps designed to secure your personal information and reduce the risk it will be misused.
- Device Information. We may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. For example, we may also collect your device identifier, IP address or operating system.
- Log and Analytics Data. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
We use Google Analytics to better understand how our users interact with our Platform. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- Automatically. For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate our Platform on any device.
- By Combining Personal Information. For example, we may:
- Combine personal information that we collect offline with personal information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine personal information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To Provide Our Platform Information and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for information or services.
- To Improve Our Platform and Services. We may use your personal information to make our Platform and services better. We may also use your personal information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your personal information to better understand what services or information interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or inquiries.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your personal information within the Unilever Group of companies and brands.
- On our Platform. We may display on the Platform feedback you submit through the Platform.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include other companies that are sponsoring or partnering with us on this Platform.
- For Business Transactions or Reorganizations. We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of all or a portion of our company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves or Third Parties. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing personal information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share personal information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- In Connection With the Transfer of This Platform. We may transfer administration or ownership of this Platform to another entity or as part of a business transaction.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
Our Platform is intended for adults. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 though our Platform. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
The Internet is not 100% secure. Like all businesses, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information you provide to us via the Platform. We have, however, taken certain steps designed to reduce the risk that the personal information you provide us will be subject to loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
Personal Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites, plug-ins, applications or other online services. If you click on a link to a third-party site or other online service, you will be taken to a site or other online service we do not control and that is not governed by this Policy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites and other online services. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites and other online services carefully.
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy of this Policy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.